I have created this beautiful butterfly card - give as shown, or add a banner with a sentiment. Make up several at time so you're ready for any card giving situation.
To make this card, I used:
My card making must haves:
Paper and dimensions:
- Card base - Smooth White Cardstock cut to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 folded in half
- Yellow Textured Cardstock (Bazzill) cut to 4 x 5-1/4
- Smooth White Cardstock cut to 3-3/4 x 5
- Scraps of Smooth White CS and Textured Yellow CS for Die Cuts
- Dew Drops Originals - Pearl
- Diamond Dew Drops - Pearl
- Stampin Up Ink - Barely Banana
- Stampin Up Thinlits Die "Butterflies"
- QuickKutz Embossing Folder "Flowers"
- Using the Butterflies Die, cut butterflies from white and yellow cardstock - set aside
- Emboss 3-3/4 x 5" White CS
- Ink edges of embossed CS and Yellow Card stock
- Using Best Glue Ever, adhere embossed CS to yellow CS and adhere this stack to card base *remember, a little dab will do ya with Best Glue Ever!
- Attach Diamond Dew Drop to body of large white butterfly. The No-Clog Writing Cap allows you add a controlled amount of BGE in tiny spaces and Embellie Gellie makes picking up placing tiny embellishments a cinch!
- Attached large white butterfly to yellow butterfly (applying BGE to center of butterfly bodies only to allow them to have movement!)
- Attach your butterflies to upper 1/3 of your card
- Next, apply Pearl Dew Drops to the embossed flowers - Embellie Gellie is a remarkable medium that allows you pick up and place embellishments - it's a must for card making!
- As a final touch, my hand made cards always receive this stamp on the back
This simple card design can truly be used for any occasion!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative week!