Sunday, September 3, 2017

How to Recycle your Cards for Scrapbooking Layouts

Hello fellow crafters Penny here today to give you some great tips on how to recycle your cards on your scrapbook layouts.

Here are a few samples of some homemade cards I made.
Each one of these cards would make a great title on a scrapbook page.



Each of these cards also give me a color scheme to work off of, and a scrapbook layout theme as well.



You will notice that each of these cards have a variety of trims and accessories. Including gems, twine, paper, ribbon, and chipboard. Normally I would need a different glue for each of those accessories in order to hold them in place. However I found this great product that will hold each of these items without fail!


It's the Best Glue Ever made by ScraPerfect! It will hold metal, fabric, paper, plastic, etc. with just the tiniest amounts.  An unbelievable bargain when you consider that you would have had to have purchased several different glues for each of those items. Plus the time spent switching back and forth between those different products. 


To glue down those tiny gems I love to use the Embellie Gellie. I don't know how I lived without this little amazing product. It will pick up and hold even the smallest products and let you place them exactly where you want them to go. Perfect for gems, and beads. 


 So here are a couple of my layouts using some of my recycled cards as a titles.

Unless I told you first you would have never guessed these titles had a past life as cards. Simple easy, and cheap! Plus it keeps your wonderful cards out of the landfill. I hope you enjoyed my frugal tips for today! Till next time Happy Scrapping. Love Penny

1 comment:

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.