Thursday, March 30, 2017

How to Teach Your Children to Enjoy Making Crafts

Good morning fellow crafters today I am going to show you how to teach your children to enjoy making crafts.



So Madison my granddaughter likes to play in my craft room. Knowing this, and her love for Otter's, it was a perfect match when I found these great Otter stamps, dies and paper at Lawn Fawn




Perfectly Plaid 6 x 6 paper pack - She also used this beautiful paper pack.


So my first hurdle has been met! Finding something my child, or in this case my grandchild is interested in. That is always a great help when trying to get a child to try to make something for themselves, whether it's cooking a food that they like to eat, or finding a craft theme they already like. 



So since Madison had to attend a birthday sleepover tomorrow, she got to work on making her own card, and flower.(The flower was made using punches)  Now I could have told her where to place every item, but then that would be "MY" card, and not her card. So even though I might have placed things slightly differently, she enjoyed making this card because she was in charge, and I didn't hover over her. To make it easy for her to glue her objects in place she used ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap . I like these products for children because they are non-toxic, no fumes and have only a mild odor. The glue easily washes up with soap, and water, or you can use their cleaner as well.. 


Their Best Cleaner Ever is also safe for small hands, is non-toxic, environmentally safe. no fumes, but is strong enough to remove even permanent ink like she used while stamping her project. 


Here all of her stuffed otter's are giving her card their final approval, or at least that is what she told me!




 So in the end, she had a blast, and even posed with her stuffed otter's, and her new card.


So I guess that is the morale to my story, just let them have fun, use child friendly products, and let their final project be totally their's and they'll always enjoy making things.


 Once again here is her finished card.


and her matching Harry Otter shirt.


Till next time, Happy Scrapping, Love Penny P.S. Sorry the photo's are not quite as clear as I would have liked them to be, but it was pouring down rain here today, and the lighting was not very good, and we couldn't wait till another day as she had to go back home.

4 comments:

  1. A budding papercrafter! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card by your "otter-loving" grand daughter! She did a great job and I hope it sparks her creativity! Thank you and Madison for joining us for our first Lawn Fawnatics challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison and the card are both too cute!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.