Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fun Mixed Media with ScraPerfect

 Good morning everyone, Kim here today with my next DT project for ScraPerfect. This time I have created a mixed media paint brush!
 
 
 
 
I started off with a wood blank from Fernli Designs and some old computer and electronic bits from my husbands workshop.
 
 
I first covered the wood blank in white gesso.

 
Then it was time to get out the Best Glue ever and start to glue down my
pieces. As I mentioned, these are old bits from my husbands workshop that he no longer needs and I glue them down so they fit on top of the piece nicely.


 
Once they are all glued down, I got out my Lindy's Stamp Gang and Ranger Distress Ink sprays in colours I liked and started to layer on colour, drying each layer in between.


 
 Once I was happy with the layers of colour, I got the Best Glue Ever out again, and this time I used it to glue down tiny micro, and mini micro beads for added texture to the piece.
 
 
 
 
Here is a couple of close up's of the beads!
 
 
 
I set the brush aside to dry and now I will work on the letters for the front of the brush. The letters are also wooden, and from Fernli Designs. I gave them the same spray treatment and then used BGE again so that I could use some of the Transfer Foils from ScraPerfect.
 
 
Once the glue dries a bit and becomes tacky, then it is time to lay the foils down on top of the letters.
 
 
I choose purple and silver foils to pick up on the colour tones on the brush.
 
 
You can see in the photo below how it came out, I just love the shimmer the foils give!
 
 
.....and here is the final outcome!

 

 
 
I hope you have found some inspiration here today and will check out the ScraPerfect store for all the items I used on my project.
Please check my blog http://www.angeldreamcrafts.blogspot.ca for more info.
Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. This is too cool! I loved how you showed all the elements prior to you altering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Love all the mixed media, so messy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO ONE does mixed media better than you Kim, this is amazing, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.