I started by getting a little messy using a stencil and modeling paste to create a wood grain looking background. Then I added a few rust colored splats using Lindy's Stamp Gang starburst dauber. I love those things, they are so fun to play with!
While that was drying, I matted my photos with some corrugated paper. I've always had a hard time getting things to adhere well to that type of paper. I used the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap and it worked so well. I was able to get fine lines of glue along the raised parts of the corrugated paper using the No Clog Writing Cap with the fine tip.
For two of the corners I cut some really thin strips of Core'dinations paper and ran them through my Cuttlebug using a wood grain embossing folder and then sanded them to get the green to come through. Again, I used the Best Glue Ever along with the No Clog Writing Cap with the fine tip to get just the right amount of glue on the tiny strips of paper.
The title is made from stickers and I never have luck with them sticking. So, just in case they don't hold on their own I added a dab of the Best Glue Ever to the back of each letter. I dare them to fall off now!! lol
Then I decided to add some flowers so naturally I used more of the Best Glue Ever and even used it to hold the twine and strips of paper under the flowers.
Here's another look at the finished layout
Thanks for stopping by!