Saturday, January 7, 2017

How to Make a Beach Themed Wedding Layout Step by Step

Two Page Layout for a Beach Themed Wedding



Good morning crafters Penny here with a two page beach themed wedding layout. I did these for my sister-in-law's daughter who was married at the beach this fall.


So to begin with I started with a sand pattern paper.  On top of that I added some really cool looking shell ribbon. It had a really slick texture, and would have worried about holding it in place, except for the fact that I was using the Best Glue Ever , and I knew it would work. So far it has not failed me on anything I have tried to glue down, and that makes me happy.  There is nothing worse than coming back to a scrapbook page, and finding half of it laying at the bottom of the page protector because your adhesive failed.



Next I wanted to add these photo mats, but the edges were really small, and hard to glue so I took out my favorite tool for this job The Best Glue Ever and it's No Clog Fine Tip Writing Cap. This is amazing glue, and it's fine writing cap are great for gluing those tiny areas where other glues, and their caps would be a sticky disaster.



Here are my photo mats glued into place.  I left the top's open on both mats so that all I have to do it slide the photo's in place.


On the top of the page I added a word sticker that say's, "I've spent my whole life looking for you".


Then on the bottom of the 1st page I added a large bow, and two small die cut journaling cards.


To finish it off I added some silver brads to the journaling cards, some white bows to the top of the photo mats, and some bling gems to the corners of the photo mats, and the shell ribbon. So easy to glue down those little bling dots with this cap, and glue.Now onto the 2nd page.


I started it off with the same sand pattern paper, and shell ribbon.  Then I added the large photo mat, and matching die cut journaling card. This photo mat is great because it can be used for large, or small photos. 


To make it look more "beachy" I added the palm trees.  To glue them in place I also used The Best Glue Ever so that I knew that all the little edges of the palm trees would stay in place. Trying that with a glue stick would have been murder. I left the tops of the palm trees unglued so that the photo edges could be placed under the trees.


To the corners of the photo mat, and the journaling card I added more bling gems.


To finish off this 2nd page I added gold bows. These pages were super easy, and will not overwhelm your photos, but still give off the beach wedding theme we were going for. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Till next time Happy Scrapping. Love Penny 

5 comments:

  1. Great tutorial and love your first page that is just so awesome and with the photos of the wedding in there it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.