Friday, October 7, 2016

How to Get Sticky Adhesive Off of Your Cricut




Good morning crafter's Penny here with some helpful tips on how to get that sticky residue off of your Cricut spatula!  I love my Cricut, but everyone knows how hard it can be to pry up those tiny pieces off of your cutting mat after you have cut something.  Thankfully Cricut thought this was a problem as well, and so they invented the Cricut spatula.



When they are brand new these tools look bright, and shiny as the one pictured above. However after using it just a few time's it looks like the one pictured below. Covered in a sticky mess that makes it stick to both the mat, and the pieces you are trying to craft with..


Mine was covered up with this goo, on both the front, and the back.


 Normally I would scrub, and scrub, and it would still be sticky.



That was before I found this little miracle in a bottle, ScraPerfects Best Cleaner Ever !


 After just a quick light spraying of the cleaner on my spatula, and a light wiping with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth  it was spotless again.



No residue, and it took less than 30 seconds to clean both the front, and the back.






So I'd love to stay around, and chat with you, but it's back to crafting for me! Till next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny 

7 comments:

  1. Great point! We already love it for re-conditioning the mats by removing all the old gunk with ScraPerfect's Best Cleaner Ever, and then re-stickying the mat with ScraPerfect' Best Glue Ever...and to remove sticky on scissors, but never considered he Cricut tools!

    For step by steps on for the mat: https://youtu.be/Plhg_ytS5To

    Scissors: https://youtu.be/hcZm9u4ppPQ

    Tools, scissors, mats and more: https://youtu.be/3hsxPU67ax8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the directions on how to redo the mats Amy! I have a couple that need help. Penny

      Delete
    2. Someone else mentioned on my blog that is might get the gunk off of the cricut rollers as well.

      Delete
  2. I need to do this with my spatula! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done this and it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is a good reminder - I need to clean up a bunch of tools!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.