Saturday, July 30, 2016

Repurposed Christmas In July with ScraPerfect

Repurposed Christmas In July with ScraPerfect


Good morning all Penny here with a "Christmas in July" post.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE Christmas! They also know that I am a frugal woman, so all through the year I collect little goodies from "Goodwilll", and other places that I can either repurpose for the holiday's, or use as a gift box. I adore little boxes, but I hate paying extra for them with my Christmas funds, which are quite limited. So while shopping one day I came across this pink leather like box. 


Unfortunately the lid's inner lining has come off, and the tabs that held the lid in place were loose. 


It also had a layer of dust, and dirt on it that needed to be removed. 


The dust, and dirt had especially gotten into the embossed lion crest image on the top of the box. It is hard to see in this photo, but trust me it's there. 


So before I stated on the grime I thought I had better glue down the flaps, and the top inner lining to the lid. 


In this photo you can clearly see where the lid tabs had came loose. So I quickly grabbed my favorite glue that I have found will glue just about everything you ask it too ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever.  I have used this glue on a ton of projects, and layouts, and so far I haven't found anything that it won't glue down. So I placed the glue under the flaps, and then outlined the area where the lid lining had to be replaced. 



I let the glue half -way dry, then I placed light pressure on the tabs, and the lining after I put it in place. 


It worked beautifully, and the tabs were now glued down, and were made usable again, and the lid lining was in place again.. 


To complete this process I used ScraPerfect's Best Cleaner Ever to remove all the grime, and dust that was in the embossed area on the lid.  It worked great.  This cleaner is fabulous! 


I also used ScraPerfect's Best Cleaner Ever on my next repurposed gift box. 


While it was cute, it was REALLY nasty, covered in sticker residue, and dust. 


I didn't try to removed the large sticker on the back, as I will be covering it with a gift tag, and it was holding the bottom of the box in place. 


I think both boxes came out great, and saved me Christmas money, as well as keeping these items out of our local land fill. 


So till next time, Happy Scrapping, Love Penny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.