Saturday, February 14, 2015
"You've Got Me All Shook Up" - DIY Milk Shake/ Latte Tag or Card for ScraPerfect's Design Team
ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever ~ http://scraperfect.com/products-2/best-glue-ever/
ScraPerfect Transfer Foils ~ http://scraperfect.com/products-2/transfer-foils/
ScraPerfect No Clog Writing Cap~ http://scraperfect.com/products-2/no-clog-writing-cap-product/
ScraPerfect Perfect Crafting Pouch~ http://scraperfect.com/products-2/perfect-crafting-pouch/
Cricut Design Space ~ Layered Shake Mug, heart and word "love"
Several sheets of 12x12 or 8.5x11 heavy duty card stock (I suggest this only because their are some intriqute cuts and heavier card stock doesn't tear or snag as easy). Pink, Red, cream, white
Permanent marker (Black)
iridescent glitter (Extra Fine)
translucent glitter ( Extra Fine)
Ruby Red glitter (Extra Fine)
Assortment of laces, ribbons and flat back pearls or beads
It is almost Valentines Day and I wanted to share with you my "spinterest" version of a shake card by Michele Kovack , that I saw on Pinterest.
I have been dying to make a latte card and when I saw this ,I thought it would be a perfect "Milk Shake" Card for the teachers in Aidan and Mia's classes.
1. Cut out design with your Cricut.
2. Prepare the cards and heart and your word "love" by distressing then with distress inks, I used brown and red and black but the color combinations are endless.
3. Use your Best Glue ever sparingly as a little goes a long way, to begin to glue layers together except for the last one the "Fluff"
4. For the straw portion using the No Clog Writing Cap make two or three diagonal stripes with Best Glue Ever. Then set aside to dry.
5. When the stripes are clear and sticky apply Transfer foil silver side down and rub it on with your bone folder. Then remove foil swiftly. Then with a permanent marker outline the stripes.
6. Apply SnowTex to the top layer of the shake and immediately add iridescent glitter atop of the SnowTex
7. Using your Perfect Crafting Pouch press lightly along the card, using this awesome little goody prevents glitter from sticking where you don't want it on your project.
8. Attach your No Clog Writing cap to your Best glue ever and begin to apply small droplets of glue along the outside of the card and on your heart,then smooth lightly with your finger or a utensil and then apply translucent glitter and shake the excess glitter off. Same goes for the "Love" but using Ruby red glitter and set aside to dry.
9. At this point you will want to wait for glitter to dry before you proceed to the next step or it could get a little messy. (yes, I am speaking from experience, lol. If I only had patience, lol)
10. Find the ribbons and laces and beads that you want to use and cut to sizes needed for card and then glue them on with your glue gun
11. Attach heart on top of the ribbon with glue gun.
12. The final touch is to attach the word love with your Best Glue ever and Voila! You are done!