Sunday, February 8, 2015

Key Necklace by Brenda Crouch

Hello Everyone, today I'd like to share with you a cute little project I made using the Best Glue Ever and Embellie Gellie. I gathered my supplies: Scraperfect Best Glue Ever, Scraperfect Embellie Gellie, an old key, rhinestones, and old bracelet I took apart, a jump ring and and old lobster claw chain:


I started by first taking off some of the pieces of the old bracelet as I wanted to use one of the end pieces and some of old pearls. So I attached the end piece to the key using Scraperfects Best Glue Ever, it doesn't take much of this super strong glue, but I used a tad more than normal just to be safe since I was gluing metal to metal.


I glued it onto the key and then ran a bead of Scraperfects Best Glue Ever down the key groove that will hold the small pearls and black rhinestones:


I then got my Scraperfect Embellie Gellie and began placing the small old pearls and rhinestones onto the bead of glue:





Using the Scraperfect Embellie Gellie made placing the small pearls and the rhinestones super easy and quick! The Scraperfect Best Glue Ever is a pretty fast drying glue, so I was able to move right along on this project.


The jump ring was put in place and I was then ready to slide on to the old chain.



The finished necklace! I was quite pleased with how it turned out and am certain I will be making more of the decorated keys to use not only as necklaces, but for embellishments as well.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out this project, stop in again soon to see more creations using the products available at Scraperfect.





1 comment:

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.