Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mini Explosion Box

    Hi Y'all, This is Kim Murray and I hope y'all are enjoying your holidays as much as I have been. Today I have a D.T. project share for you on this chilly winter day, here in North Texas.
          I absolutely loved using “25th & Pine”.  Since I was born in the 70’s I have always loved the décor from that time period, Christmas is one my most favorite times of the year and some of the greatest memories ever.  So being so sentimental I just had to have this as my DT kit from CCC,  I was so excited when I got it.  It also gave me the perfect opportunity to showcase my fabulous products from Amy with ScraPerfect. 
         How did I come up with this idea? Well, it wasn’t me lol. I am part of a crafting group on Facebook called Craft That Diva’s.  Every Friday night we have a group challenge and ours was a mini explosion box. It didn’t take me long at all to seize the chance to use this as an opportunity to use my design team kits I had received, and also a chance to make an affordable gift for my daughters 4th grade teacher.
Below is my supply list from my design teams that I used and below the photos I will explain how I used these products to achieve my final design.

Supply List:
ScraPerfect Best glue ever : http://scraperfect.com/products-2/best-glue-ever/
ScraPerfect Perfect Crafting Pouch: http://scraperfect.com/products-2/perfect-crafting-pouch/
ScraPerfect Embellie Gellie: http://scraperfect.com/products-2/embellie-gellie/


ScraPerfect and CCC DT 022
1. I used ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever to put together this entire box , Cardstock and decorative paper.
ScraPerfect and CCC DT 023
2. I have found in the past that applying the stickers by themselves the seem to lift off the paper, so to solve this problem I apply a very small amount of ScraPerfect Best Glue EverScraPerfect and CCC DT 024


photo 1 (1)
3. When embellishing the inside of the box, I applied  Best Glue Ever to the back of the stickers for the perfect adhesion and then applied the stickers to pre-cut chipboard, then applied Best Glue Ever again to attach them to the paper securely,  I did the same with the wood embellies and fabric embellies.
photo 1 (2)
4.  I used the Embellie Gellie  to lift up my rhinestones and then applied small this strips of best glue ever.  Then using the Embellie Gellie stick I applied the rhinestones to the glue strip. One my most favorite things about best glue ever is that is dries clear and it is a very strong adhesive, also you only need a very minimal amount.
photo 1 (3)


photo 1 (4)
5. On this step I used ScraPerfect’s crafting pouch and lightly rubbed it down my tag and then around the edges used best glue ever and then applied my glitter. All I had to do was tap the excess glitter just slid off with ease, no fuss about having to take a brush to clean out the areas that I didn’t want the glitter.  Where can you find a product like that? Well, here it is! :)
photo 1

I loved making this little mini explosion box, it was really easy and did not take hardly any time.  I use ScraPerfect's fantastic and extremely valuable tools for almost every project I have.   If you want to make crafting a little simpler and faster please check out her website where you can find all her products and tons of FREE video tutorials on how to use her products more efficiently .


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.