Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Video on how to Make Easter Egg Embellishments

Hi All- Amy here!

The holiday challenge we face every year is that we have to come up with new ideas for scrapbook layouts, titles and cards, so with that in mind I made a video on how to make Easter Egg Embellishments. With Easter photos staring at me, I found two pieces of patterned paper in my stash colors that matched the photos and to me said that to me said "spring".  (In reality, they said "IN BLOOM" in big pink letters at the bottom, so first thing I did was "remodel" the paper.)



I wanted to create an egg embellishment to set the Easter theme.  So with the Best Glue Ever™ and some Jacquard Pearl Ex powder, a dramatic transformation of a plain pink paper oval cut-out had begun. Then I decided to use the oval to frame a piece of vellum, added journaling with a few EASY-PEASY computer "tricks"... and voila!


Check out the video for easy    step by step instructions.


You know, the "egg" would also be perfect for cards-- You could even cut out an oval window in the card, create a border around the opening with the Best glue Ever & Pearl Ex powder, and insert the oval piece of printed vellum. Or make it round and create a pumpkin for Halloween, or a heart for Valentines Day... what other shapes can you suggest?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.