Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY - Make a “Handy Awl Tool”!

Do you have to use a pin to unplug clogged tips like in your Glossy Accents?    I do...Grrrr


But I also use pins to poke holes for brads, embroidery stitches, and other crafting things. I really like Quilting T-pins. They are sturdy, the right size, inexpensive, and the “T” makes them fairly easy to grasp. When they got “gunked up”, I’d toss them and grab another. (Now instead of tossing them, I clean them off with The Best Cleaner Ever from ScraPerfect--but I digress!)


Thing is, I often lost them on my work table and I thought it would be nicer if they had a larger "handle."


AHA!
I found a can of Plasti-Dip in our garage and dipped a bunch of pin ends. They were easier to keep track of and even a little easier to hold...

Such a handy tool, I decided to make some more to show you. But when I got the can out, I discovered it had dried up to a clay-like consistency.

 AHA  AGAIN!  



AND even BETTER!!!!

P.S. if you have polymer clay, it would work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.