Monday, December 10, 2012

Office Party with The Robin's Nest

I have had these pictures from my husband's office party for a few years and just couldn't figure out how I wanted to scrap them. Happily, inspiration struck as I was browsing through the fabulous products at The Robin's Nest!  Are you ready to do some layering?
Here are the details if you would like to reproduce it for yourself:

1.  I trimmed the Black Herringbone paper to an 11.75" square and adhered it to a piece of the Chili Cardstock using the Best Glue Ever

2.  Next I worked with a piece of the Classified Cardstock.  Using my craft knife I carefully cut around part of the diamond design on the upper right of the paper so I would be able to slide something underneath.  I trimmed the paper to 11" wide by 10.5" tall, matted it with black cardstock, and adhered it about 1.25" down from the top. 

3.  For the next layer I cut a piece of Mens Suit Stamp to 10" wide by 9.5" tall, added a mat of black cardstock and adhered it with The Best Glue Ever along the side and bottom edges only.  You can see that I positioned it so that it slid under the diamond-shaped element I had already cut out.

4. Using the Classified Stickers and some black cardstock I created a tag which I slipped behind the previous layer, placing it next to the cut out.

5.  I love, love, love the Glitter Christmas Tree paper so I fussy cut out each of the trees and had fun layering them with my pictures!

6.  I added a few final details: A Santa Clippie in the upper left, a red foil letter "C" from my stash,  a few bits of washi tape, and Thickers for the title.

The Best Glue Ever did a wonderful job holding all these layers in place!  
And here's another tip:  if you find the edges of your washi tape curling up as mine almost always does, just add a tiny drop of The Best Glue Ever - problem solved!

Using lots of layers and a striking color palette, I got the  look I was after...but I am not sure what to call it!  What would you suggest?

Thanks for stopping by!  Susie

5 comments:

  1. OMG, LOVE LOVE LOVE this! What a nice layout. Gonna have to put those trees on my wish list! Just love the impact of those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what I like? I like thow different the elements are and yet how tied together it is. That little santa guy is adorable --but not the same style as wiyjer the tree, the clock tag or the C. But I think it's the colors that pulls it together--and also the balance--it keeps my eye moving around and around and settling on the photos in the center. How about calling it that old joke: black and white and read(red) all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Susie! I LOVE the trees and the textile-inspired patterned papers. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.