Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I love to make Easel Cards!  There are lots of variations and tutorials out there so I won't put one more here, but I wanted to share a little idea I came up with.

I turned the decorative element along the bottom into a pocket and it was super easy!

The decorative strip measures 2" x 4".  I decided to "pop" it up by using 1/4" strips of cardstock along the bottom and each side.  I found that 2 layers of cardstock made it deep enough to hold  a gift card. Of course I used The Best Glue Ever to adhere everything!  It has such a nice tight hold I know my pocket is not going to peel off or fall apart.  Anytime I am papercrafting and creating something that needs to be manipulated, I reach for The Best Glue Ever!

I think i am going to make a card for a friend and include some movie tickets. What are you going to put inside your pocket?

- Susie

P.S. The card was decorated using Moxxie's Very Merry Unbirthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.