Monday, August 15, 2011

Glittered Butterfly Card

Change is a good thing. In my project for today, I changed some plastic packaging material from trash into a beautiful embellishment. The first step was to treat the plastic with the Perfect Crafting Pouch. Then I stamped the butterfly image with Stazon ink, and colored in a few areas with markers:



I had an experiment I wanted to try. I coated one of the butterfly wings with the Best Glue Ever and set it aside until it dried.


This product dries clear and tacky so when it was ready, I simply sprinkled on various shades of glitter. The result was a lovely transparent effect. Next, I coated the second wing with the Best Glue Ever and immediately added the glitter, setting it aside to dry. The result was much more opaque…a different look but still lovely. I don’t know if you can see the difference in this picture, but it is obvious in real life.


To finish, I used the Perfect Crafting Cloth to clear away the excess glitter. I creased the butterfly in the center, and added a small stripe of glue on the back of the butterfly’s body and set it aside. I wanted to use it on a card, and printed one of my favorite sayings on some vellum. I treated the vellum with the Perfect Crafting Pouch before it went through the ink jet printer. Here you can see where I added the tiniest dots of glue to the back of the vellum – the applicator for the Best Glue Ever allows you to be so precise in your application that you never waste glue nor do you ever make a big mess!


As I was assembling the card, I decided to add some small gems to the flower centers on the patterned paper. I used my Embellie Gellie to pick up and hold the gems so I could apply a tiny dot of…you guessed it…the Best Glue Ever. I let the glue dry for a moment so it could get nice and tacky before applying them to the card. I just love the way it turned out!


Here is another butterfly I created and decided to use for home dec:


Thanks for stopping by, and remember that change is a good thing!

Susie

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Amazing job on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These butterflies are incredibly GORGEOUS!!!! I think you've also done a fantastic job of explaining all the steps with close-ups. Makes it SO easy to understand and copy! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those buterfly they look so gorgeus!!!!Just a great work !!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very interesting that the glitter result differs depending on the time the glue has been drying! Very pretty cards indeed.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.