Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can't Beat the Best Glue Ever

I love to use edge punches because it is an inexpensive way to add impact to a layout. They come in a wide variety of designs, and some of the newer ones are very intricate, like the one I used for this layout. Instead of punching just the edge of the paper, it actually created a lovely lace-like paper ribbon.

So how to attach them? The Best Glue Ever of course! The applicator tip allows you to place very tiny dots of glue with ease. I tacked down the top and bottom of the lacey strip and there was no messy glob of glue to seep through.


The delicately cut whisk from Kaisercraft also posed a challenge. No worries! I put a small dot of The Best Glue Ever on the handle and the “wire” part of the whisk and set it aside for a few minutes. When the glue had “dried” into perfectly-sized, clear adhesive dots, I simply flipped it over and adhered it to the layout.


The little red ribbon on the whisk handle was actually a pre-made embellishment which came attached to a clunky, white foam piece of adhesive that was way too big to hide. So I removed it and replaced it with…drum roll please…a small dot of The Best Glue Ever!

This is one of my favorite features of this product: I can quickly and easily make custom-sized, clear adhesive dots for my projects. It is definitely the most versatile and useful adhesive I own.

~ Susie

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Did I understand that you made that lacey border strip? That's cool! Hmmm. I wonder if my Cricut can do that! I sure like how well coordinated your embellishments are with your layout and the vintage theme. (Better look out or your mom will wash your mouth out with soap--you called her a jerk!)

    LOVE the way you show those teeny-tiny dots of glue and how you used the Best Glue Ever in so many different ways all on one layout! What can't this glue do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't it the truth? I love those tiny dots of glue. Seems like the bottle will never be empty too!

    That looks like one of the Martha Stewart double edge border punches? It sure is a pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn-
    You are so right about it lasting forever! We actually gave away a bottle to a lucky winner when our very first bottle was finally empty. That bottle took 9 months to use up and that included demos at an international trade show! While we are still impressed at how long it lasts, we now know to expect it.

    We now use the glue to make our own adhesive dots and use them when packaging Embellie Gellie as it saves us TONS of money over purchasing them pre-made--even after we pay for the labor to make them! And one bottle makes zillions of the dots!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.