Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Altered Dress Form

Hello everyone Stacy here today with a step by step altering project for you today.

I saw this wooden dress from and knew just what to do with it. My daughters room is pink, black & white so yes I altered it for a little decor in her room. First I gathered my goodies...The Best Glue Ever, Embellie Gellie, dress form, ribbons, bling, and paper.



Next I placed little lines of glue here and there all the way around the dress form and let it get a little tacky. Next I simply placed my paper on and set it aside for a bit to dry.

Now comes the hard part!! It was time to trim the paper. For this I used my Fiskars blade to cut around as close as I could get. Inside of the dress was a little harder, so for that I used a file set.


Here is what the dress form should look like at this point.


Once this was dry I placed another paper behind the dress part so that you could not see through the dress. Now it was time to embellish. Once again, grabbing The Best Glue Ever I placed a strip of glue along the bottom and top of the dress and then placed the ribbon on. I added some pearls across the middle of the dress and around the neck line which was easy to do with the Embellie Gellie in hand!! Next I placed a couple little flowers along the shoulder area and it was done.


I simply love how this project turned out, and it's going to look fabulous in my daughter's room. Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!


~stacy~

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the way you added the backing so you can't see through the dress - it adds great dimension...and the tiny beads in the necklace are perfectly proportioned. Thank goodness for Embellie Gellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much patience to do all of that cutting so perfectly. I love the way it turned out. As you know I'm all about instant gratification. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great...such a wonderful work !! I love the way you did the backing...just a wonderful job!!!
    Thanks for shering!!!
    Kissea and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous. I love the flowers on there also.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.