Friday, June 10, 2011

Stamping and Glitter

One of the things that I love about the Best Glue Ever is how versatile it is! For this layout I decided to add a glittered, stamped image across my pages. Here’s how I did it:

I decided to do a bit of stamping after I had adhered my patterned papers to my cardstock background. I took a scrap of fun foam (like they have for kid’s crafts) and used it as my stamp pad. I squeezed out a good-sized drop of glue onto the foam, then used a spare rub-on stick to spread it until I had a thin coat. Once the glue was spread out, I used it like a stamp pad.

To keep from stamping onto my paper where I didn’t want it, I placed a piece of printer paper right along the edge of my paper block. You can use scraps, post-it notes, etc. to cover up areas you don’t want stamped. But don’t throw those away! I’ll show you what I did with this paper scrap on Monday!

After stamping my row of sunbursts, I applied glitter to the stamped area and shook off the excess. But first, I went and washed my stamp with a bit of water and soap. You don’t want to let glue dry on your stamps. And you don’t need to worry about the Best Glue Ever drying out before you can get back to it – it won’t! You can take five minutes or fifty minutes to clean your stamps, go get lunch…. and the glue will still be ready for you!

- Deborah

Supplies used: The Best Glue Ever, Bazzill cardstock, The Girls’ Paperie paper, Making Memories metal, archival ink, stickers from Making Memories, Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.