Hope you are all finding a little time to craft during the madness of this pandemic! I know crafting helps me to relax and de-stress!
I love color and every room in my house is a different, BOLD color - so I find myself with a LOT of leftover paint chip samples that I can't bear to throw out!
Here is one way to use up some of those paint chip cards!
Supplies:Best Glue Ever
White Textured Cardstock (layout base)
(2) Paint Chip Sample Card from same color family
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Spray Mist / Paint
Colored or patterned paper to mat journaling
Additional embellies - I used a button and arrow stamp
All the details....
- I used 2 identical paint chip cards on this layout
- Cut 1 sample card down (I cut off 2 colors from a 7 color sample card) and then cut in half
- On the 2nd chip card, punch a butterfly out of each color and then trim the punched out area off the card
- Using Best Glue Ever, attach punched butterflies with Embellie Gellie to paint chip sample, going the opposite way of colors (so darkest butterfly is attached to lightest paint color and so on...)
|Notice the small amount of Best Glue Ever needed - so easy to apply using the No Clog Writing Cap!|
- Arrange your photos in a column and adhere to layout base using Best Glue Ever - do not spread glue to edge of photos, you want to be able to tuck and attach your paint chip cards
- Tuck and glue your paint chip card under your column of photos
- Tuck and glue 1/2 of your trimmed paint chip card under the butterflies, slightly askew of colors
- Tuck and glue the 2nd 1/2 of your trimmed paint chip card underneath column of photos on the opposite side
- Add matted journaling, overlapping paint chip card and photos
- This is the point I added a stamped arrow and button embellishment
- Now let's add some paint splatters! YES - I am telling you that you can add paint splatters after your layout is glued down!
- Shield your photos with a piece of scrap paper, pull the spray nozzle out of your mist paint and dribble little splatters where you want them!
- Final touch - use Best Glue Ever (dries CLEAR!) and Embellie Gellie to adhere Dew Drops over your splatters & butterflies
Thanks for checking in - be safe, be well and do something creative!